Sunday, September 27, 2009

Who would have ever thought that getting fit could end up being so much fun?!

I certainly didn’t expect when I started working out in January 2008 I’d end up having the passion and love for exercise that I do now! Sick and tired of the muffin top that had stuck with me after having children, I just wanted to lose about 40 pounds and  maintain. But the feeling of empowerment I’ve gotten during the process has been phenomenal! Not only have I surpassed my goal of getting back to where I started before having children, I have now lost 48 pounds and am in the best shape of my life!

I started out in the gym working out with a friend. We did the typical cardio on the treadmill and elliptical machine and worked with a trainer once a week. I was able to lose about 35 pounds this way but still had a lot of jiggle that I wanted to lose. So after recruiting my husband to this new lifestyle, we changed it up a bit, dropped the trainer and began doing strength training 3 days a week  and cut my cardio to 20 minutes/3 days a week. Needless to say I was skeptical about dropping to only an hour total of cardio a week from the 5 hours a week I had been doing for over a year,  however, the results have been AMAZING! Maybe you’ve heard this before, maybe not, but strength training burns more fat than cardio and I am living proof!

With my two youngest boys now 5 and 3 and my family being more busy than we used to be, finding time to go to the gym has become more challenging! That’s why I was so excited to learn that I can continue to get these amazing results without even having to leave my house! That’s right, it can be done!

Beachbody has produced MANY fitness programs to help keep it fresh, mix it up and never get bored with your fitness routine! I’m sure you’ve heard of P90X, Insanity, Turbo Jam….just to name a few! Some of them are more intense than others but they all are a great workout! Now I know some of you ladies or men out there reading this are thinking, there’s no way I could ever do a dance-aerobic video….I’m not coordinated enough, I don’t have rhythm, etc…but let me tell you, if my husband and I can do Turbo Jam together and afterwards HE’S telling ME how much fun it was…..you can do it too!! Just don’t take yourself so seriously, cut loose and have fun with it! I digress.

Because I have this passion for fitness and am constantly sharing it with others, I have become a beachbody coach so that I can reach more people and help change more lives. I love coaching and encouraging others to live healthier lives and reach their fitness goals! And it’s so fulfilling to know that you’re truly making a difference in the lives of others…in a positive way!

So what’s holding you back? Why not give it a shot? I know if I can do it, you can too!! Comment me and let me know some of the issues you’re having with getting started.

No comments:

Post a Comment