Thursday, October 29, 2009

What is your WHY??

In light of the things I’ve been working toward lately, I have been faced with a question that I think is often overlooked before people dive head first into making their dream a reality!

There is a process that you should follow in achieving your goals. A KEY element in achieving your desire is setting your goal! In the famous words of the great Wayne Gretzky, “ You miss 100% of the shots you never take!” And oh how true that is!!

But once you’ve established your goal, you need to determine your WHY! Why do you want to……insert your dream here…….??? Is it because you want to help people, is it because it’s something that you enjoy doing…..what is YOUR why??

Along the road in my fitness journey, my original goal turned into a PASSION and from that passion a dream was birthed! I have surpassed every fitness goal I set for myself at this point, so where does that leave me NOW?? Empowered! It just motivates me to set higher goals and achieve greater accomplishments in my life. Have there been bumps in the road along the way? Sure. But I’m not going to allow it to KEEP me down. No, I use those bumps as learning experiences and GROW!

My dream is to share my passion with others and improve their lives through health and fitness! I KNOW it’s hard, I KNOW it takes work, I KNOW it takes pain…..but I also KNOW how great is the reward!! And I want to be there for other people to encourage them and help them achieve their goals!

The opportunity that I have with Beachbody is making my dream a reality! I have the opportunity to coach, encourage and motivate people who aren’t even in my zip code! :) It gives me the opportunity to reach MORE people than I could if only reaching out to the people around me! (I do have plans to reach the people in my community as well, in a different way)

So in light of that, what are your dreams, goals and what is your WHY???

No comments:

Post a Comment