Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Plant, Cultivate and Harvest

If you wanted to grow something, maybe a garden of flowers or a garden of vegetables, there is a step by step process that you must follow in order to successfully grow them. Right? Right. We all know this! I am not so “green-thumbed” and have actually NEVER been successful at growing anything in a garden! However, I do GROW things in my life ….whether I realize it or not!

With anything in our lives, there is a plant, cultivate and harvest time that must take place before we see results. If we didn’t water (cultivate) the  seeds we planted every day, would our vegetables grow in our garden? No, not likely. And does the vegetable pop up immediately after planting the seed? Again, no. It takes time! But we must be faithful with the caring of our crop in order for it to GROW!

There are certain disciplines in our lives that play a HUGE part in how successful we are as individuals! Simple things that could seem quite insignificant at times but added up over time are crucial! We want things to happen in our lives but we expect them to happen RIGHT NOW and when they don’t we get frustrated! I am a very impatient person and I often struggle with this. But I know that it is the little things that I do daily that add up to the BIG things down the road!

A personal example of this would be losing weight…..haha, big surprise! :) But when I first decided that I was sick and tired of being sick and tired, I really wanted to just lose the weight quickly! I would find myself looking in the mirror and getting frustrated that I wasn’t where I wanted to be yet. But you know what? It was the commitment to do it daily, whether I felt like it or not, that made ALL the difference and over time has made a DRASTIC change to my body. Sure there were days that I’d think….and still do….."Well, if I don’t work out today, those 50 pounds won’t just jump back on me.” And that’s true, it wouldn’t…….TODAY.  But making that choice day after day after day, it probably would!

It’s simple decisions TO DO things in our lives rather than NOT DO things that make the biggest impact in our lives! So what is it that you’re striving for? What is the goal that you’re shooting for? And what are the simple “TO-DO’S” that will make the difference in you reaching your goal??

1 comment:

  1. great tips! i agree with you! twice a year i'm making a special detox diet and after it i just feel fantastic! tehre's nothing better than loosing some weight and feel healthier and lighter! of course, all year long i'm going to the gim - that's my recipe for a good life!
    have a sweet day!
    justyna

    ReplyDelete